Each of us at least once in his life faced with the back pain. As a rule, this symptom is not a major concern and passes in a short time on their own.
However, if back pain right occur with surprising regularity, we urge you to heed the signals of the body and to seek the advice of a doctor.
In the below presented information, collected symptoms for the initial definition of the disease, however, the correct diagnosis, able to deliver qualified personnel only.
Back pain on the right side: the nature and intensity
Pain in the back can indicate a number of diseases of the urinary, reproductive, nervous, circulatory systems and respiratory diseases.
Usually the pain is localized in the area where the affected organ, indicating thus the pathology in a particular place. But sometimes back pain can occur far from the painful organ.
Regardless of the place of localization of pain and its nature can help to determine the exact cause.
- cramping is usually associated with a sharp contraction of the muscles of hollow organs.
- Constant tells about the stretching of the outer sheath of parenchymatous structures.
- Growing – usually indicates inflammation.
- Acute – often indicates the rupture of an entity, a pinched nerve. In addition, the sharp pain on the right side of the back can talk about the blockage of blood vessels, sciatica or intraperitoneal bleeding.
- Shooting associated with problems with the peripheral nervous system or spinal cord, may be caused by the presence of thoracic osteochondrosis.
- Pulling – is a signal of problems with intervertebral discs, may occur because of degenerative disc disease, the presence of intervertebral hernia, or inflammation of the intervertebral joints.
- Nagging – often occurs after strenuous exercise soon passes, however, it is not as simple as cause aching back pain on the right could also be a spinal tumor or spinal.
Pain right side back: localization
Depending on the location of pain you can also try to determine the cause of its occurrence. Of course, an accurate diagnosis you can put only a specialist after a full examination, however, the dislocation of pain may help to understand which specialist should be contacted first.
- Back pain in Central part from the right side. One possible cause is kidney disease.
- Back pain under the shoulder blade on the right. This problem usually is neurologic in nature (as a consequence of entrapment of the nerve). Moreover, you should pay attention to their lungs, since this symptom may indicate the presence of cancer in the bronchi or lungs, pleurisy or pneumonia.
- Back pain right under the ribs. In this area there are the liver, pancreas and gall bladder. Therefore, the violation of any of these organs can cause pain. If the pain does not subside within a few days and accompanied by fever, vomiting, nausea, it is likely that you have a cholecystitis. While sometimes this pain may radiate to the rib cage, right shoulder or shoulder blade. If you suspect cholecystitis recommend urgently to call an ambulance.
- Low back pain on the right. Such localization of pain may indicate pathology of the spine and the formation of intervertebral hernia. Another possible problem – diseases of the urinary system. In the latter case, no matter what position the patient is not trying to take nothing would bring him relief and ease the pain.
Causes of pain in the back right
As mentioned above, back pain can indicate a large number of diseases.
We give below a classification of the major reasons for such pain.
Diseases of the digestive system
Acute cholecystitis. A sharp pain that can last from several hours until several days. Usually localized in the epigastric region. Maybe "give" in the right part of the chest, right shoulder, shoulder girdle. Often she is accompanied by fever, vomiting, nausea, yellowness of the skin, tension of the abdominal muscles and tenderness to palpation in the area of the right hypochondrium.
Diseases of the respiratory system
Diseases of the urinary system
- Inflammation of the lungs (pneumonia) with moderate or severe pain in the chest or shoulder blade. And during deep breathing or coughing, the pain may worsen. In addition, usually this pain is accompanied by fever, cough and rales in the lungs;
- pneumothorax with sudden intense pain in the chest radiating to the shoulder blade. For it is characteristic of pneumothorax on the affected side reduced chest excursion, and absence of noises when listening;
- dry pleurisy with cutting pain in the right side of the thorax, related breathing movements;
- cancer of the bronchi or lungs. The nature and intensity of the pain depends on the location of the disease and its prevalence. So, with the defeat of the apex of the lung there is pain in the shoulder or scapula;
- during germination of the pleura there may be pain in the chest on the affected side, which is greatly enhanced by breathing, movement of torso, coughing, and in case of defeat qui inter costas nerve pain tend surrounding the character.
Curvature of the spine
- Thrombosis of the renal artery, or renal colic;
- the retroperitoneal hematoma. Sudden lower back pain of unknown origin in patients who previously received anticoagulant therapy;
- kidney stones;
- violation of the outflow of urine.
Diseases of the reproductive system in women
- Incorrect posture as a result of long stay of the body in a physiologically uncomfortable position. The fact that the constant presence in the wrong posture can lead to spinal deformity and as a result, uneven load distribution on the supporting spine muscles.
- Inflammation of the pelvic organs;
- tumors and cysts of the ovaries.
Back pain during pregnancy is harmless only in the case that was excluded chronic pathology of the spine and kidneys.
The fact is that when receptamentum child's future mom dramatically putting on weight in quite a short time, therefore, the load on the muscles of the back increases and this can result in regular nagging pain in the back right. To reduce discomfort as much as possible to walk, is not excessive and the pool.
It is not excluded that the reasons causing back pain, may be spinal injury.
Acute back pain: should I panic?
Often sharp pain in the back may indicate the need for urgent treatment and even surgery. In such cases, the speed of assist may depend on the patient's life. So pay special attention to what characteristics you must urgently seek the assistance of doctors:
- the incessant sudden sharp back pain right;
- sharp pain under the ribs;
- strong low back pain, accompanied by weakness and dizziness up to loss of consciousness.
Treatment for pain in the back right
Without consulting a doctor to take any medications is not recommended, because the right side of the body there are many vital organs. For immediate pain you can take painkillers.
However, this does not solve your problem, but only will allow to forget about it for a short time. Therefore urge you in the presence of back pain on the right side to see a specialist, who will examine your medical history, conduct a number of tests and definitely will identify the cause of these pains. After that you will be diagnosed and assigned the appropriate treatment.